Monday, April 2, 2012

Holy Week and Faith

As a Christian, I am looking forward to this Holy Week. I have plans to attend my church for services on Thursday, Friday and Sunday and I look forward to the hope of transformation in my life. With all the changes that have occurred over the past few months, Easter has a deeper meaning to me.

Losing my job is a life-changing event and I had two choices- I could be bitter, or I could use the time as an opportunity to grow further into my true identity.  I've really enjoyed these months as I explore my options, investigate different businesses, and allow myself to be guided by God. It's amazing how He uses people to communicate to us, whether it's a suggestion from a friend or stranger... or something we see or hear when we are out and about. If we listen closely enough we will know what it is that God wants us to know.

I also believe that our plans are not always readily visible for us, that we must have faith that things will work out the way they are supposed to.  My husband is a little fearful of the future and our ability to sustain a decent standard of living. I try to reassure him that we are okay, but he is concerned. I have to remind myself to be diligent in moving forward, but to have faith that things will be okay.

I continue to have faith in this journey and look forward to the hope of Easter.  That through my faith I will know God's will for me and that I will set aside the fear and move forward in the direction set before me.

Until next time,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment