Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It has been a little over one year since I lost my job after 22 years with the same company, and it has been an enlightening journey for me.  I needed to decide one of two things- do I want to work for another corporation or did I want to change directions completely... the possibilities were endless. Since I still have over half my life to work, it is a good time to make changes, if I wanted to.

First, I reached out to my church to see if I could volunteer to help them with their social media and website (see www.wesleychurch.com; https://www.facebook.com/#!/wesleychurchbethlehem; and  https://twitter.com/Wesley_Church ), which turned into biweekly meetings at the church (unpaid of course). Spending time at church enabled me to talk to a bunch of people in the community, and pray about what to do with this next chapter of my life. During Lent I spent some time meditating and reflecting about where I am and the direction I wanted to go in... and it hit me. God has been speaking to me all along.

I decided after numerous conversations with various people about the health and wellness industry that I would create an online resource guide for health and wellness. When you log onto www.livewellforall.com you can search for providers in the local area (this will be expanded in the future) and read blogs about wellness. At this time the website is in it's infancy, but I am pleased with the direction it is going in and look forward to seeing it in a year from now.

Here's the hard part. I have the idea, I have the site, now I have to market it and earn revenue... For the next several months I will be looking at how to provide a quality service for both the visitors that come to the site and the providers that are listed. I want to be a leader in providing both independent and group practices a place where their business can be promoted and let the consumer know where to go to improve their body, mind and spirit. 

Until next time,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment