Monday, September 19, 2011

Doing Things Differently

Change is all about creating new habits. If I want to feel better and get more energy, I must get up and get my body moving. My goal is to walk or bike at least 4 -5 days a week. Just typing that sounds like a lot, but really, right now is when I have the time. I don't have to be at a job for 8 hours every day and I really want to make some changes in my life. 


Monday's are hard for me to get back into a routine after spending two days with the kids. I woke up this morning and wanted to stay in my comfy bed and just sleep.  Of course I had to get up and get the kids to school, so I did what I promised myself I would do. I got dressed with my walking clothes and headed out the door.  It feels so good to get outside, especially during this cooler weather. I walked around a different park today and it was lovely looking at the blue sky and seeing the little animals scurrying about looking for nuts. 

It's easier to stay in my house and watch TV, clean or read a book, but if I want to make changes I have to do things differently.  Next on my list is to make an appointment with my consultant to look at my resume and call my pastor to reschedule a meeting we had planned. If I can do at least one thing different each day, I can make the changes I want for my life. Today I've already done things differently so I'm on my way to change.

Until next time.
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment