Friday, September 16, 2011

A Start to a New Day

I've recently gone through a major change in my life. I lost my job after 22 years with the same company. It was a job I loved, that I felt passionate about and looked forward to each day. This change is giving me an opportunity to look at my life and go in the direction that is meant for me.  Nothing happens by mistake. I believe God will guide me to where I'm supposed to be. This is my journey.


I decided I need to get some exercise. I need to lose weight and tone my body. Having a nearly 3 year-old and a nearly 5 year-old, I need to be able to keep up with them. I also feel tired in the afternoon and I know exercise will help. On Wednesday, I went and bought headphones for my phone, signed up for Pandora and bought a strap for my arm to keep my phone securely attached. Yesterday when I took the kids to school I was all ready to go for a walk, then the rain came, an invitation to breakfast and I never did get out and get moving.

Today was the start of a new day. I woke up and put my sneakers on before I took my kids to daycare.
I stopped at the park on my way home and walked for 30 minutes. I felt so energized! It was a gorgeous morning, there were all kinds of people out there walking, running, skating... I felt like I was a part of something.  I had a feeling of strength and hope.

It's been a tough go of it for me. Last year I was treated with depression, we went through management changes at work and then I lost my job. It's been difficult for me to know where I'm going. This blog will be a way for me to move forward on this journey and share my path.

Until next time.
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment