Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Step Forward

My husband is concerned about my not having a job yet.  It's only been 2 months, but he doesn't want me to get too comfortable at home.  I think the most important thing for me is to be busy. I could easily get sucked into the world of talk shows, but that wouldn't feed my spirit. I like to work and I like to do things that have a positive impact on people.

I decided to look into some volunteer work for my church to help them with their social media efforts.  I love to write and I enjoy social media, so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity for me.  I ran into the office manager on Sunday and mentioned to her my thoughts, and today I went to the church office to see what I could do for them. Come to find out they've been praying for me (well, not me in particular, but someone that could do this job!)



They need help with Facebook and Twitter as well as their website.  No one has time to maintain these items, and if the church wants these things to be resources for the congregation, they need to be updated regularly.  We've decided that I will go in on Friday mornings to help with phones and make updates and then I can post things from home during the week. She gave me some resources to get information for posts and the pastor is very interested in tweeting his thoughts.

I'm really excited about this new adventure. I can keep busy with something I love and help my church through service.  If this works out for me, maybe this is the direction I'm looking for- to help churches and non-profits spread their messages.

____________________________________________

Now, I haven't posted about exercise lately, so I wanted to post an update. I biked or walked 4 times last week and I'm on track for that this week. My legs are feeling stronger and I love that time outside. I had to run an errand for my husband the other day and I was near one of my favorite parks. Since I was dressed for it, I went for a walk while I was there. It felt invigorating to make that choice and to get moving. I'm telling you, Pandora has really become my friend. I never realized how nice it is to listen to music when I'm exercising!

Until next time.
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment